As a wine-lover and pack-rat, I always tend to have a few old wine corks on hand in my kitchen “junk” drawer. So, drawing on inspiration from a few other crafters, I created these cork Christmas-tree ornaments.
Making them is super-simple:
- Punch a hole through the middle of the cork using a hammer and long, thick nail (be sure to do this on a hard surface like a work table, garage floor or sidewalk);
- Straighten a large paperclip (I used the colorful coated ones) and push it through the cork;
- String the bottom end of the paperclip through a tassel (you’ll find easy instructions for how to make one here);
- Bend the bottom end of the paperclip around to secure the tassel using a pair of needle-nose pliers;
- String a few decorative beads, if you like, onto the top end of the paperclip; then
- Use the needle-nose pliers to bend the top end of the paperclip into an attractive spiral that can be attached to an ornament hook.
Done, easy and cost-free!